You arrive here because you are looking for ways how to add the popular "read more" in your blog right?. so here it is, i'm going to show you how to do this as simple as I can.
Adding "read more" also known as the "expandable post" - one of the most sought feature for blogspot / blogger user.
Note: This procedure is for new blogger layout and will not work for the old blogger (classic) OK. To check whether you are using the new blogger, go to your dashboard.
If you see "Layout" there then you are using the New Blogger and can proceed to follow the instruction below. However, if you see "template" there, then you are a Classic Blogger.
- Log in to blogger
- Select the blog you want to implement the read more hack
- Click to Layout
- Click to Edit HTML
- Backup your existing template. Click the "Download full Template" and save it in your local drive
- Make sure you click the "Expand Widget Templates"
- Look for the /head (I normally use the CTRL+F for this so I can find it easy)
- Above the /head , copy and paste this code:
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'>
- Look for the <data:post.body/>, below this paste this code
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType != "item"'>
<a expr:href='data:post.url' style='color:#0000FF; text-align:right; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none'>Read the rest of this entry >> </a>
Now, to use the newly installed read more hack you have to enclose the text or the post or even the adsense ads with this:
your text you want to show only in post page
So there you go.. the expandable post or the read more functionality to increase your blog page views.. :)
Like me you might be asking, why does people behind blogger didn't include this in the default blogger functionality. I just don't know why?.. maybe you know.. :)advertisement code here